How to deliver a strategic commitment to employee wellbeing
Scottish Water is committed to ensuring their people thrive at work. We worked to develop and deliver a wellbeing plan that supports all their people in multiple locations.
Scottish Water is a publicly owned company, answerable to the Scottish Parliament and the people of Scotland. It is their job to provide 1.34 billion litres of drinking water and take away 847 million litres of wastewater every day. They are the 4th largest water and wastewater service provider in the UK with 4,200 employees. Their vision is to be trusted to care for the water on which Scotland depends.
Scottish Water was keen to work in partnership with a wellbeing provider to deliver key services across locations in Scotland that support and deliver the organisation’s wellbeing strategy.
The organisation has a clear strategic commitment to wellbeing. Key objectives include:
- Keep people safe
- Keep people healthy
- Help people thrive.
They were keen to deliver a series of wellbeing programmes that would help support and enhance the wellbeing and continued engagement of their employees. Key to the success of the project was the high level of senior stakeholder buy-in and positioning of employee wellbeing within the organisations strategic objectives.
Working in partnership with Scottish Water, we developed a comprehensive approach to supporting the wellbeing of their employees. This included the following key elements:
- Equip participants with practical tools and techniques to enhance personal resilience.
- Create a tailored selection of courses to meet specific client needs.
- Ensure flexible delivery, both in terms of the locations and appropriate tailoring to different delegate groups (e.g. field-based vs office employees).
- Build long-term relationships with internal wellbeing champions to ensure maximum promotion and uptake of courses
- Develop additional courses, events and workshops tailored to meet specific and emerging needs of teams and the wider organisation
We have now been working with Scottish Water for over five years, and continue to partner with the organisation to deliver key elements of their wellbeing strategy.
- Since January 2016, we have delivered our Flourish and 5 Pillars of Resilience workshops to almost 1000 colleagues.
- On average, delegates scored their overall impression of Flourish as 4.6 out of a possible 5
- Overall impression of the 5 Pillars of Resilience workshops scored 4.7 out of 5
“Enjoyable, educational and very well presented.”
“Very positive course. I am looking forward to implementing the tools discussed.”
of our clients rated our work as either good or excellent.
How can we help?
To ask a question or to find out more about our wellbeing and resilience programmes, get in touch.