How to implement a global wellbeing strategy
A wellbeing strategy that has global reach must also ensure that every region has a sense of ownership and feels individually included. Our team of business psychologists and wellbeing consultants worked with a global bank to successfully implement their wellbeing strategy.
A global bank was looking for support to implement their wellbeing strategy. Although the strategy has worldwide reach, it was imperative that each region as a unique unit felt a sense of ownership of the plan.
We worked in partnership with our client to develop and execute an implementation strategy that supported each level and each region of the business.
- We created a shared language around wellbeing and resilience, and agreed core messages that could be tailored to regional audiences.
- We worked with the Executive Committee to build their individual resilience to develop, lead and embed the strategy.
- We launched in each region with a ‘big bang’ event, attended by global and local sponsors from the leadership team.
- We delivered targeted manager sessions on how to lead wellbeing.
- We delivered wellbeing sessions aimed at the wider employee population.
- With standard ‘fundamentals’ for each delivery, we liaised with each region to tailor positioning and fine tune communication plans.
Our approach to implementing a global wellbeing strategy delivered the over-arching wellbeing vision and goals with respect for regional needs and differences.
- All employees gained a clear understanding of the bank’s over-arching wellbeing vision and goals.
- There is a shared blueprint for success across the regions, supported by a shared language but with acceptance of regional tailoring.
- Each region feels like it has been treated as a unique ‘unit’ and has ownership of their plan.
- Delivery was tailored to regional audiences and included both virtual and face-to-face learning for a hybrid working environment.
- Each region understands where to go for global and regional wellbeing resources.
How can we help?
To speak to an expert about building a wellbeing strategy for your organisation, get in touch.